Promote the Vote 2022
Speakers Bureau Talking Points
- This is
an important election year in Michigan.
voters will be asked to decide who should be our next governor, who should
represent us in Congress and in Lansing as well as what should be done on a
host of local community issues.
are also several key ballot initiatives Michigan voters will get to weigh in
- Voting is critical to the integrity of our democracy, which is why our fundamental voting rights should be respected and protected in Michigan’s Constitution.
- Passing the
Promote the Vote 2022 ballot initiative will help ensure every voice is heard
and every vote is counted in every election no matter what political party or
candidate we support, where we live or what we look like.
- Promote the Vote 2022 would recognize the fundamental vote without harassing conduct.
- So, by voting “Yes” on Promote the Vote 2022 on the November ballot, we can protect the ability of every eligible Michigander to vote regardless of their political party and enhance the integrity and accessibility of our elections.
- We can also enhance election integrity and increase election security by modernizing how we administer elections to ensure every vote counts through Promote the Vote 2022.
- By voting “Yes” we can ensure our elections are fair, accurate and secure and that election results are determined based on the votes of Michigan citizens whose identity is verified prior to counting their vote, whether they are voting in person or by mail.
- And Promote the Vote 2022 provides voters the right to verify their identity with a photo ID or signed statement and requires canvass boards to certify election results based only on official records of votes cast.
- By passing Promote the Vote 2022 we can make voting more convenient and accessible for Michiganders of all backgrounds.
- The ballot proposal would require that military or overseas ballots would be counted if postmarked by Election Day.
- It provides voters the right to a single application to vote absentee in all elections.
the Vote 2022 also requires secure drop boxes and creates nine days of early
in-person voting helping to ensure voting is more accessible for working
parents, voters with disabilities, elderly and rural voters.
is critical to the integrity of our democracy, which is why I’m asking you to vote
YES on the Promote the Vote 2022 ballot petition.